Find an FPS Fuel Supplier...

Click here to locate FPS fuel suppliers and distributors in your area Go

Find an OFTEC Heating Technician...

Click here to locate OFTEC registered technicians in your area Go

If the tank is at risk

Why have I received an at risk notice?

Your fuel distributor or service technician has advised you of your tank's condition, perhaps by attaching a label to your tank or writing to you because they think it is at risk of failure and may need to be replaced.

Replacing your old tank with a new one is normally a straight forward job, and has the benefits of peace of mind and bringing your storage system up to current standards - essential should you sell the property. 

Spills and leaks can be extremely costly to clean up and can contaminate ground water supplies and building foundations.

Other important factors to consider:

  • Does my home insurance cover me?

  • What could happen in the event of leak or overspill?

  • Who would pay the clean up costs?

What should I do?

  • Have an OFTEC registered technician fit a new steel or plastic bunded tank, preferably with a top off-take oil supply arrangement.

  • Make arrangements have your new oil tank maintained on an annual basis.

Why should I do it?

  • You will have peace of mind that your oil is safe and contained, and that you are unlikely to cause any pollution.

Who should I contact?

  • An OFTEC registered installer or your fuel distributor.

When should I do it?

  • As soon as possible.



If you have any concerns over your oil storage, contact your regular fuel supplier